Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Tuesday Teasers - Time Travel Edition
1) FLIPPED by Wendelin Van Draanen at Amazon.com and Chapters
2) Reincarnation by Suzzanne Wyen in the US and Chapters
3) Fact of Life #31 by Denise Vega and here And this place
Now on to the first teasers of the New Year! (Yeah, I KNOW it's a week late!) Time travel is an obsession of mine, and if I ever find a way to make it work, I'll let you know. Lord knows there are a few cakes and squares I would like to have avoided this past holiday! Here are the "cover stories" of a few of my time travel novels on my shelves.
1) The strangest things seem to happen to the Hall family. Now their adventure is with time itself. It starts when Eddy receives an unusually large packing crate from his uncle, Prince Krishna, containing an old-fashioned bicycle complete with wicker basket. The bike has more than that, though: It possesses the ability to travel through time!
2) Twelve-year-old A. F. is a millionaire, a genius, and, above all, a criminal mastermind. But even A. doesn't know what he's taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit. These aren't the fairies of bedtime stories; these fairies are armed and dangerous.
A. thinks he has them right where he wants them . . . but then they stop playing by the rules.
Stay back, Human.
You don't know what you're dealing with.
3) Gideon Seymour, thief and gentleman, hides from the villainous Tar Man. Suddenly the sky peels away like fabric and from the gaping hole fall two curious-looking children. Peter Schock and Kate Dyer have fallen straight from the twenty-first century, thanks to an experiment with an antigravity machine. Before Gideon and the children have a chance to gather their wits, the Tar Man takes off with the machine -- and Peter and Kate''s only chance of getting home. Soon Gideon, Peter, and Kate are swept into a journey through eighteenth-century London and form a bond that, they hope, will stand strong in the face of unfathomable treachery.
Are any of these on your bookshelf?